Home » Sewing » In progress…

In progress…

After a long day, I came home to some sewing therapy. I’m working on a cotton-linen blend tunic. It’s Simplicity 4149, view B.

20130410-002511.jpg
I almost didn’t buy this pattern. I tried to purchase it at my local Joann’s during their 5 for $5 Simplicity pattern sale, but the store didn’t have my size. As I was strolling through rows of fabric, my good friend M sent me a text. She was browsing patterns at the Joann’s location across town. What are the chances, right?! The store she was in had the pattern in my size and she picked it up for me. I’m not too excited about the elastic waist pants and I think the skirt may be an odd length for me (needing some substantial adjustments), but the tunic variations are great. Before I left the store, a few yards of shimmery cotton-linen landed in my basket.

I worked up the bodice this weekend. I didn’t do a muslin since the pattern looked so simple.

This evening, I eased in the sleeves. Both took me two tries, but I finally sewed them in smoothly. No puckers!

20130410-004212.jpg
And, perfectly aligned under-arm seams.

20130410-004259.jpg
The only thing about the make thus far that caused me trouble were the bust darts. They were way too low. I moved them up by 2 inches.

20130410-004530.jpg
Tomorrow, I’ll hem it up and wash off the fabric pen markings. I hope to share finished pictures soon.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s